This recipe is a great source of protein and fiber and makes a tasty alternative to pancakes or toast for breakfast. Bake this gluten-free pancake and top with poached eggs, herbs, and any other topping you choose.
- 1 cup luke warm water
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- pinch of salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- topping suggestions: poached eggs and fresh herbs
1. In a medium bowl whisk all ingredients together. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
2. When you are ready to make the socca, heat a nonstick pan with a little bit of olive oil, add the toast and cook for a few minutes on medium until golden brown in spots. Flip and cook another few minutes on the other side.
3. Remove toast from pan and divide among four plates. Top with poached egg and herbs, or any toppings you like.