- 1⁄2cup raw quinoa
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2cups chopped onions
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1cup diced potato
- 1cup chopped red bell peppers or 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1teaspoon ground coriander
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2teaspoon pepper
- 3cups water (I prefer vegetable stock) or 3 cups vegetable stock (I prefer vegetable stock)
- 1 1⁄2cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1cup diced zucchini or 1 cup yellow squash
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Rinse the quinoa very well in a fine mesh strainer under running water; set aside to drain.
Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
Add in the onions and salt; cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes–stir every now and then.
Add in the drained quinoa, potatoes, bell pepper, coriander, cumin, oregano, pepper, vegetable stock, and tomatoes; stir to combine.
Cover and bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add in the zucchini; cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add in the lemon juice; stir to combine.